Founded In 1956
The West Cook County Youth Club, formerly known as the Boys & Girls Club of West Cook County, was founded in 1956. Our Club was renamed and became an independent Club in 2019.
In 1956, the West Cook County Youth Club was founded as the Boys Club of Bellwood. The Club was started by local residents and businesses who wanted to establish an organization that filled the emotional, social and physical needs of the boys of the community. In 2003 the Club opened its doors to the girls of our communities. Today we continue to proudly serve all youth who walk through our doors.
For more than 60 years, the West Cook County Youth Club, formerly known as the Boys & Girls Club of West Cook County has been providing our communities’ children and teens with a safe place to learn and grow. Our our enrichment programs provide West Cook County families and community members with a place for their children to be able to participate in developmental programs in a safe and nurturing environment.
You can help make it possible for our youth to continue to participate in activities and programs that will help steer them toward a happy, healthy and productive future.
The Club Experience
The West Cook County Youth Club fills the gap between school and home. We provide welcoming, positive environments in which kids and teens have fun, participate in life-changing programs and build supportive relationships with peers and caring adults.
Our Impact Plan focuses on three essential outcomes for our members: academic success; healthy lifestyle choices; and good character and citizenship. While these aspects of life are separate in many ways, they add up to our goal: helping young people to enter the adult world as productive, caring, responsible citizens.
The West Cook County Youth Club provides young people with:
- A safe place to spend time during non-school hours and the summer as an alternative to being on the streets or staying at home alone.
- A chance to play, have fun, laugh and learn.
- Opportunities to build new skills to raise confidence that he or she can succeed and receive recognition for personal accomplishments.
- Ongoing relationships with caring adults and connections to new friends in a positive environment that reinforces a sense of belonging, personal accountability, civility and civic responsibility.
- Generation-changing programs that support a commitment to learning, positive values, healthy habits and high expectations for success as an adult.
Meet The Board
Board of Governors
Our Board and Team are composed of dedicated professionals, volunteers, and community members who share a passion for empowering youth. They bring a wealth of experience, knowledge, and leadership to our Club, ensuring that we continue to provide high-quality programs and services to our members. Together, they work tirelessly to make a difference in the lives of the children and teens in our community.